Ticking the “terms & conditions” acceptance checkbox means you have read and understand this entire page.
**Remember to refresh your cart to avoid timing out your purchase. The time limit is 5 minutes.**
BY PURCHASING A TICKET TO FOZZYFEST AND ENTERING THE PREMISES, YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS, AND WAIVE CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
FozzyFest Inc., together with its members, representatives, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, and independent contractors (the “Organizers”), operates an annual arts and music festival (“FozzyFest”) held at the Big Springs Campground which is located on Lake Koocanusa, just outside of Grasmere, British Columbia (“Big Springs Campground”). Big Springs Campground is owned and operated by the Tobacco Plains Indian Band Development Corp. (“Tobacco Plains”) . For ease, the Organizers, Big Springs Campground, and Tobacco Plains will be referred to collectively as the “Releasees”.
Terms and Conditions:
- All purchases are non refundable. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All tickets include camping and potable water, and are only for FozzyFest 2018. Re-entry is only permitted to participants wearing valid wristbands.
- 19+ event (government issued photo identification required upon entry).
- Gate hours: Thu 10am-12am, Fri 10am-10pm, Sat 10am-10pm. No early entry. All guests must vacate the premises by 6pm Sun to facilitate cleanup. No vehicle traffic on site after 10pm.
- All vehicles will be searched upon entry – no glass, fireworks, weapons or illegal materials permitted.
- Pack it in / pack it out. Every guest requires a “Leave No Trace Pass” prior to exiting the grounds.
- Dogs must be secured on a leash while anywhere on the festival grounds. No dogs are permitted in public areas after dark (even on leash), for the safety of all guests and pets.
- Vehicles parked in unauthorized areas are subject to towing at the owner’s expense.
- No unauthorized vending or renegade stages – this will be strictly enforced.
- No unattended campfires. Absolutely no campfires if a provincial fire ban is in effect at the time.
- Guests aged 0-16 get in for free and MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Ages 17 & 18 are required to pay a full ticket price and MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Releasees reserve the right to alter or vary the performances and/or any aspect of the festival without prior notice.
- In rare cases of Force Majeure or Act of God, the Releasees reserve the final right to vary the show date(s), location and/or cancel any component of the festival at any time without prior notice.
- In the event of any breach of these Terms & Conditions, the Releasee reserves the right to cancel tickets, refuse admission, eject the holder, or to confiscate offending articles, and in any case to retain any monies paid for the relevant ticket.
Release of Liability & Waiver of Claims:
- In consideration of the Releasees accepting payment and permitting the Participant’s attendance at FozzyFest, the Participant waives any and all claims that the Participant has or may in the future have against, and releases from all liability and agrees not to sue the Releasees for claims of theft, personal injury, death, property damage or other loss that the Participant may sustain as a result of participation in FozzyFest or travel beyond the premises, including but not limited to negligence on the part of the Releasees or breach of any other duty imposed by law, including any duty of care imposed by the Occupier’s Liability Act, or other legislation.
- The Participant is waiving any and all claims arising from any cause whatsoever against FozzyFest and the Releasees on behalf of himself/herself and their heirs, successors, next of kin and assigns.
- The Participant consents to a vehicle search upon entry of the premises. Objects that may disrupt the peace and/or jeopardize the safety of the public will be confiscated (including but not limited to glass, weapons, drugs, flares, fireworks or illegal materials).
- The Participant hereby authorizes the Releasees, particularly members of the Media Team, to photograph, video tape, or use any other electronic method of recording his/her likeness and/or voice to be used at their discretion in publications and/or web sites. The Participant waives any right to compensation for his/her appearance in these printed documents, videos or websites, in any and all future uses of the photographs and/or video footage.
- The Participant consents to receiving medical treatment which may be advisable and necessary in the event of illness or injury suffered by him/her at FozzyFest.
- The Participant agrees that this Waiver and Release will be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta and he/she hereby irrevocably attorn to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Alberta.
Hazard Assessment, Assumption of Risks and Best Practices:
Festivals have many inherent risks and hazards, including the possibility of personal or property injury/damage, loss or death. The Participant accepts all such risks, dangers, and hazards (some of which are listed below). The Participant acknowledges they have read and understand the hazards and best practices listed and will be mindful of their surroundings at the festival, to help promote a safety-conscious culture:
- Be mindful of your body.
- Staying hydrated is essential. Potable water is available on site at several locations for FREE! Please bring a reusable bottle rather than plastic bottles. It is a best practice not to accept water/drinks from strangers.
- Sweating, in combination with drinking high amounts of water can cause overhydration, or hyponatremia, a condition that occurs when the level of sodium in your blood is abnormally low. If you are thirsty, it is a best practice to sip water over time rather than to consume a large amount at once. Electrolytes are also available for FREE at the Medical station!
- Foot injuries are at the top of the list when it comes to first aid incidents. You will be doing a lot of walking and dancing over the weekend, wear shoes with solid support and ventilation. Bring lots of clean socks to stay cozy.
- Ensure you eat nutritional food regularly (food vendors are also available on site).
- Get sufficient sleep and rest.
- The weather on Lake Koocanusa can be volatile, switching quickly from hot to cold. Be prepared.
- Bring warm clothing, sunscreen, bug repellent.
- Bring warm and reliable camping gear.
- Be prepared for inclement and/or changing weather conditions, including lightning strikes, high winds, forest fires, rain, hail, sleet or snow.
- Be mindful of potentially dangerous terrain.
- Be aware for changes or variations in the terrain including slippery conditions, holes, depressions, loose gravel, exposed rocks, mud, and those which may create blind spots or areas of reduced visibility.
- Avoid difficult terrain including streams, creeks, cliffs, crevasses, trees, tree wells, tree stumps, driftwood and natural or man-made structures.
- Be aware of the drowning hazard while swimming or participating in water sports on the lake. While FozzyFest does have a 24hr/day medical team, there is no lifeguard present.
- Stay informed and stay safe.
- FozzyFest is a drug-free event in accordance with Canadian law. With the current public health crisis involving drug abuse, FozzyFest advocates abstinence from drug use. However, we realize that some may still choose to use these substances despite the dangers and our warnings. As a result, we attempt to take a proactive approach and provide education, policies, and tools to promote the safety of all guests. The collection of these are commonly known as Harm Reduction Services.
- FREE, discreet drug and sexual awareness services are provided by ANKORS in the Fozzy Market.
- FREE medical services are available on site 24 hours a day near Bear Necessities.
- Best Practices for GOOD VIBES. Do we really need to say this stuff? Just be nice!
- SMILE! DANCE! SAY HELLO! Conduct yourself in a courteous and professional manner.
- Be respectful of your neighbours. Be aware of each other’s personal space. Quiet time at FozzyFest is from 6am to noon daily. Do not make excessive noise at your campsite that may disturb those sleeping at this time.
- If you notice aggressive, unresponsive or unusual behaviour from any fellow Participant, immediately report the details to a FozzyFest CREW member, the Medical station or Bear Necessities (information centre).
- Consent is a mutual agreement to physical contact. Consent is necessary, spoken, informed, given (not taken), and sexy. To confirm consent, use phrases such as “Is this ok?”, “How are you?”, “Do you like this?”, or “Can I continue?”. All parties need to be FULLY engaged and agreeable for consent to be valid. If there is any doubt, STOP.
- Know your limits. While the consumption of alcohol is permitted, be mindful of over-indulging and look out for your friends.
- Use the facilities provided to urinate/defecate and to wash/sanitize your hands (rather than the woods/lake).
The Releasees reserve the sole right to amend or alter these terms & policies at any time without prior notice. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Releasees shall be final and conclusive.