WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
When to arrive…
Front Gate will be open to the general public Thursday, September 13 at 10:00am. Boom boom (yes, we mean music) starts at 4:20pm.
**Don’t forget our Leave No Trace policy: our Front Gate staff will be ensuring every vehicle has a vehicle pass signed-off on by a volunteer who has inspected your campsite to ensure you have cleaned and packed up all of your belongings. If your pass isn’t signed, you will be asked to turn around and have a volunteer inspect your site.
~ General public is not permitted for early entry due to safety and set-up. You will be denied entry prior to 10am Sept 13.
~ General public is not permitted to stay later than 6pm on Sunday due to site clean-up. Please don’t expect to camp on Sunday night. You will be charged $100 per person should we find you onsite after 6pm on Sunday. You’ll also own the feeling of disrespecting our community.
~ If you arrive between the hours of 10pm and 10am you will be processed with the exception of your vehicle, which will be parked in a designated area until the gates re-open at 10am. Driving is not permitted on the grounds at night for safety reasons.
~ ATM onsite
~ UPDATE FOR 2018: there is a FIRE BAN in the region. Propane fire pits are permitted.
~ Kids are welcome! All minors under the age of 19 are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Kids under 16 are free. *A note to all participants about little watchful eyes: monkey see, monkey do.
Directions to the land of sparkles, good vibes and twinkling humans…
FozzyFest is located 358 km southwest of Calgary, just west of Grasmere, BC on beautiful Lake Koocanusa, East Kootenay.
GPS Coordinates: 49.052131, -115.159992
If you have a smartphone with GPS, simply enter the GPS coordinates: 49.052131, -115.159992 into your google maps application and it should get you to our location even if the cellphone signal cuts out.
Do a quick check to make sure your navigation software is taking you on the route shown here. Turn off of highway 93 at the Grasmere General Store to ensure the best route.
What to bring to the land of good vibes…
- It can get a wee bit nippy at night so bring warm clothes, including toques and gloves. Seriously.
- Your ticket! Ensure you bring your electronic or printed Showpass ticket for scanning at the front gate.
- ID (one photo ID) for check-in at Front Gate (19+)
- Insect repellent (the bugs aren’t bad but good to be prepared)
- Your own food, beverages (no glass) and camping gear. Food vendors are also on site.
- Bathing or “Birthday” suit
- GOOD VIBES
- Dancing shoes and your most stylish festival outfits!
- Your puppy! (see details in Dog Guidelines)
A few ‘tings to keep in mind:
- ATM will be onsite.
- No GLASS (all glass will be confiscated at Front Gate)
- No fireworks
- No weapons
- No headdresses/war bonnets
- No illicit drugs/contraband
- No renegade stages or amplified music between the hours of 6 am – 11 am. The stages are closed at this time. We all need our rest!
- 19+ photo ID mandatory. Minors accompanied by parent/guardian at all times.
- Wristband must be worn at ALL times! We will be checking…
- Vacate festival by 6 pm at the LATEST on Sunday
- No bad attitudes. GOOD VIBES ONLY
- Re-entry is permitted, but you will be required to check-in at Front Gate again upon re-entry (there is no re-entry “fast” line, so if there are line-ups, please be prepared to wait and go through a security check again).
- No showers (we like you dirty). There’s a beautiful lake if you want to freshen up (please use biodegradable products).
- LEAVE NO TRACE – Please be mindful of your environment. We ask all participants of FozzyFest to look after our beautiful site – don’t just pick up your garbage, pick up your neighbours! Please put all butts in the receptacles provided and all garbage/recycling in their respective receptacles.
- Bear Necessities will have the following items for purchase: wifi, ice, coffee/tea, Fozzy merch, pocket ashtrays, and camping essentials as well as limited supplies of firewood (unless we have a fire ban).
- Medical/First Aid; Sanctuary/Harm Reduction on site.
- FREE potable water available onsite, but a good idea to bring your own stock as well.
- Fire toys are permitted on the beach only (2018 UPDATE: FIRE PAN IN REGION – no fire toys permitted);
- Camping with your vehicle is permitted, but will depend on space. Please cooperate with our parking coordinator/attendants.
- RV’s will be placed in designated areas on our grounds.
- Cell reception is limited. We will have wifi available for a small fee – see Bear Necessities. We are close to the US border so roaming charges could apply. Disconnect and enjoy the festival!